Saturday, July 28, 2012

A Little Bit of Summer Sweetness

So, a friend of mine gave me a great deal on her own organic sweet corn.  So exciting, I googled how to freeze it so we can have that wonderful sweet corn this winter when we are sick of snow and need a little bit of summer sweetness.  It was so easy!

1. Shuck 2 dozen ears of corn
2. Blanch them for 5 minutes in boiling water
3. Quickly cool them in ice water bath for about 5 minutes
4. Laid them out on a clean bath towel to dry for a few minutes
5. Stripped sliced the kernels from the cob with a really cool pampered chef tool! Pampered Chef Kernel Cutter
6.  Then bagged them into freezer bags, I  made 2 1/2 cup portions. ( I got 7 bags from 2 dozen ears)
7. Freeze!

So excited, I ordered another 2 dozen ears to freeze tomorrow.  AS thi si my first year doing this I am not sure how much I will need for my family.  So next year I might do more or less...but so far this learning as I go new lifestyle is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment